reparar una pantalla

Rudy
Sufri un accidente y la pantalla de mi tab se quebro, donde puedo llevarla a reparar en Costa Rica?  Gracias

Re: reparar una pantalla

Unfortunately we don't offer that service because usually any trauma significant enough to break the touch-panel also damages the logic board.  I have advocated for that in the past but when we have tried piloting the service, inevitably the number of damaged logic boards makes it economically nonviable.

That said, what you need is a multi-touch 8" resistive touch panel (digitizer)...You can buy them on the web and at this point what do you have to lose trying to replace it yourself?

Let us know how you get on with doing the repair yourself.

Regards

Re: reparar una pantalla

Juan
Is it an standard LCD part? :O
I'd though it has to be matched to the controller chipset of the tablet vendor :S
There is other case where somebody did workaround the break of the touch layer with a mouse :D
Does a service manual exist?

Re: reparar una pantalla

This post was updated on .
Juan wrote
Is it an standard LCD part? :O
I'd though it has to be matched to the controller chipset of the tablet vendor :S
There is other case where somebody did workaround the break of the touch layer with a mouse :D
Does a service manual exist?
I have had a few users make do by adding a USB mouse to compensate for the broken screen.

The service manual isn't very helpful......

8inch HD TFT LCD touch screen (resistive single touch),with a resolution of 800*600 pixels。

Doesn't mention anything about specific controllers but then, they aren't worried about replacing cracked screens :-(