Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

Management is curious if users have much interest in it on future models of the Breeze

Re: Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

Juan
Do you mean as an internal slot for a regular-size SIM card or to allow attachment of  3G USB Dongles? How much cost would it add to the breeze? :S

IMO you should start kernel support for this in existing models, as your user base depends on their local carrier's technology choice, even some of them are able to use 4G.
May Management be curious to hear another things from customers ;)

Re: Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

BreezeSupport
Administrator
Dongle support is coming.....

Re: Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

Juan
Excellent!!!

Re: Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

Juan
This is a list of 3G devices supposed to have support in RK2918 chipset (it says most were supported since RK28 so MW0811 should be considered ;) ):
http://airis.livedrive.com/item/9d9ec1ad258342778a122849c103db2b
Rockchip should have an updated list, as this is of July 2011.

Re: Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

Juan wrote
Rockchip should have an updated list, as this is of July 2011.
Indeed they should; however they are sometimes less than forthcoming with accurate information.  If I could share some of the interactions I have had with them you would wet your pants laughing.

Re: Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

Juan
I wonder why this little vendor (airis only sells in three countries) gets more support from Rockchip, as the source should be the same and the size of AOC makes it more important client :S

Re: Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

Dude.....you don't know the battery of questions along that exact line I have peppered my bosses with.  And further....heh...much further.

I agree with you 100%

Re: Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

Juan
uhmmm.... and what is the status of this kernel support for breeze?
by what you're saying, your bosses are unaware of the implications in trademark reputation for AOC, there may be a _non_formal_way ;) to sweeten the deal with the chinese rep.

Re: Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

Actually I have an image that supports dongles but heh.....for the MW0922.  Check your email.

Re: Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

PRIMATIAS
and for the MW0821, any news? Dongle support would be awesome, really.

Re: Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

becerjo2
I think that this is necessary for AOC tablet. The communication by WiFi is too limited.
Well, I cheked the list about the USB modem vs RK28XX's compatibility and I think that this is not a trouble. Probably, AOC only need update the firmware and the android's version for the MW0821

Re: Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

Actually there is work being done on the MW0821 to support a Huawei 3G adapter in South America. Let me get an update and I will post it.

Victory!

Management has acquiesced to 3G support being added to device firmware.  Particulars to follow.

Re: Who Wants 3G Support On Their Breeze?

jtoasa
Hi James, I have a tablet with ICS MW0821 and want to use a Huawei 3G dongle, I tried many ways and has given me no result. Can you recommend I should do.
Alfredo Toasa Greetings from Guayaquil - Ecuador