UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

12

UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

Marvin27
I wanted to know when they get an update to Android 2.3.5, or at least how to enable the GPS to MW0812 tablet, thank you.

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

Hello Marvin,.

The android 2.3.3. update is coming along too slowly for my tastes, but with our team focused on the current projects, the customer service owed to existing Breeze owners has suffered.  I will make getting that out a renewed focus next week and try to get it available by the end of the month.  And certainly as I receive updates from the factory I will update everyone here (I receive about 10 emails per day from the factory on the various issues we are currently working on so we're not talking months or weeks....well...a couple weeks....anyhoo).

Sorry for the delay on this and I will get action on it Monday.

Regards,
James

ps...welcome to the boards

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

LeoCasarin
Hello James, how are you?
Is there any chance of MW0812 gets an ICS or at least a Honeycomb version? I'm asking because the MW0821 just received ICS and the hardware (except the screen) seems to be the same.
If no, do you know any custom rom to do this? I've searched a lot and just found a xda topic talking about it and it wasn't made to our model, just to RK29 chip, so I could predict a lot of problems.
I'd really appreciate a positive answer lol... And sorry for my english, I'm brazilian.
Thanks a lot dude

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

Juan
I support this petition for upgrade in favor of my beloved MW0812!
keep signing!

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

I support it too.  I will address this today when I am in the office.  I have been traveling around Mexico this week to meet AOC partners and such so it has been hard to get much done so far but today I will press the issue.

Regards,
James

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

LeoCasarin
Hey James and Juan, thanks for the effort to do our beloved MW0812 (Juan words lol) better.
I've been using JellyBean on my Nexus, so, getting back to Gingerbread sounds as a nightmare.
But I know that our tablet can do much more than we see with Gingerbread.
Comparing to other gadgets, MW0812 has a better hardware than a Galaxy S and Nexus S for example, so, why can't it learn new things right?
I hope we could taste a new flavour soon \o/

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

rist85
Another one here, will be great if our tablet been upgraded to Jelly Bean. It's a great tablet.

Regards everyone..

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

samirnbfh
It would be great if we could get an update
its been too long and the box says "android upgradable"

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

LeoCasarin
Hey guys.
Last weekend I had an experience which let me very impressed. I got a ZTE V9 and it still had Eclair (!). I searched for an update and found a brazilian forum with a step-by-step to get Froyo (officially) and how to put CM7 after. I followed the tutorial and soon had it entirely functional. The performance was really good but you know, ICS is better than GB. Note: this tablet is officially supported by CyanogenMod 7, but not to 9...
I searched a little bit more and see a port to CM9 (in beta stage, but 4.0.4). To my surprise, when I finish installing it, the performance gets even better. So, what I want to say? How an old hardware (ARMv6 with only 600MHz and 512MB RAM) can be really better than our MW0812 with the double of clock and newer instructions?
The problem is, I can't find any custom rom to our tablet, but I still believing that our problem is the official GB.
I have a question... Is it possible to put the ICS from MW0821 in MW0812? As I said some posts ago, the hardware seems to be the same (except by the screen).
Thanks a lot again and please, forgive me by the big post...

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

Juan
there are versions of CM9 and CM10 for RK29 around in XDA (as others tablets use this RK29 chip), even I found some vendors that had given away the source code for RK29 ICS, but the devil is in the details: touch sensor, keypad, LCD resolution, memory size of MW0812 are supported in source code but must be set accordingly when compiling the linux kernel, or compiled as modules to be loaded in other model's RK29 image that supports it. It's not impossible, you can read the specific components needed from dmesg log after reboot (use an app tool to read it). I was planning to open a thread on that, but I'm busy for a while....
BTW some people had installed RK29 ICS images from other brand tablets in MW0812 and it succeded to display android but touch was lost (because of drivers set for a different hardware), and same for the keypad, so they attached an USB keyboard and mouse.
If you want to try MW0821's firmware on MW0812, their drivers will not match unless it does modprobe and the drivers were compiled as modules.

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

samirnbfh
hey ju8an you no pass us the links?

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

LeoCasarin
Hello Juan. First of all, thanks for answering my doubts and also for the hints. To be honest, I just had experiences installing custom roms for specific models, so, it doesn't require any kernel compilation or adjusts. By the way, I almost tried to put that one from xda which you said before get more information, but for my lucky, I was afraid lol. I could predict many and many issues as you mentioned. I'll wait a little bit more for the 2.3.5 that James said on other topic. If it's not a good one, I probably will consider compiling one for our MW0812. Thanks a lot dude.
Hey samirnbfh, sorry for not posting the links too, however you can easily find it typing something like "ICS rk2918" on Google  (I think the first ocurrency is this).

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

Thanks Leo,

I'm going to send the results to management tonight and recommend they release this immediately.  I have found the 2.3.5 build to be much better than anticipated and can't wait to make it available to all.

Needless to say I will make it available to everyone here.

And thanks to Juan...honestly, a huge thanks to him for helping everyone out while I am reassigned to Monterrey for a few months.

I can't buy him a couple beers, but I will find a way to convey my gratitude.

"LeoCasarin [via AOC Breeze Series Android Tablet Support Forum]" <ml-node+[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Juan. First of all, thanks for answering my doubts and also for the hints. To be honest, I just had experiences installing custom roms for specific models, so, it doesn't require any kernel compilation or adjusts. By the way, I almost tried to put that one from xda which you said before get more information, but for my lucky, I was afraid lol. I could predict many and many issues as you mentioned. I'll wait a little bit more for the 2.3.5 that James said on other topic. If it's not a good one, I probably will consider compiling one for our MW0812. Thanks a lot dude.
Hey samirnbfh, sorry for not posting the links too, however you can easily find it typing something like "ICS rk2918" on Google  (I think the first ocurrency is this).

http://aoc-breeze-series-android-tablet-support-forum.2289227.n4.nabble.com/UPGRADE-ANDROID-VERSION-tp4640884p4641024.html
To unsubscribe from UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION, click here.
NAML

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

samirnbfh
juan can you please tell me how can i install it?

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

LeoCasarin
Hey James, thanks for reply. What a great news you have!
I can't wait to put my fingers on it (in this case, only a finger lol).

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

LeoCasarin
Hello samirnbfh.
Here is the link to the XDA topic which explains how to:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?s=8e92b83936fc4325c4b06440925b6c54&t=1734181
First of all, remember what Juan said some posts ago, to rebuild the image recompiling the kernel (I'm not used to do this, so infortunatelly I can't help you). If you just try to put the firmware without any changes, probably you'll face some issues like things not working at all.
An  advice... I would recommend you to wait the new GB 2.3.5 which James said is almost launched. According to his comments, it seems to be really better than the current 2.3.1.
Thanks

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

samirnbfh
thanks juan, yeah ill wait untill the upgrade is out

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

Submitting the test results today.  Should be available for everyone on Friday.

You will seriously be happy.

Re: UPGRADE ANDROID VERSION

samirnbfh
friday ? ):