Mike McCarthy explains his loyalty to DC Dom Capers

Mike McCarthy explains his loyalty to DC Dom Capers

Gameservices

Write or say seemingly anything around the Green Bay Packers on social media and you will probably receive ( NFL 18 Coins will be online ) a flood involving complaints about Dom Capers and several different requests, pleas and demands which the defensive coordinator be fired.

Teflon Dom is heading nowhere.
Despite the yearly consternation regarding Packers fans, coach Mike McCarthy offers stood by his embattled DC. Speaking on ESPN Radio's Wilde and Tausch show on Thurs, McCarthy compared keeping Capers to help how he stuck together with kicker Mason Crosby, who could have dropped his job in 2012.

"Well, going back to this Mason Crosby comment, and obviously applying that towards the question about Dom, I think it's vital that you recognize, as far as answering your question regarding it being easy to help make that change, it would give everybody a breath of outdoors, " McCarthy said, via ESPN's Rob Demovsky.

"I think all people in life have always used experiences in our past that you may have quit on something to get that fresh, new start, and it feels good however in hindsight it was not the good thing for you. I know I get personally. So I've always held true to that in my decision-making course of action. "

When announcing in The month of january that Capers would go back for his ninth time of year as Green Bay's sponsor, McCarthy noted the injuries on defense that helped cause the struggles in 2017. The Packers upgraded the particular secondary in free agency as well as the draft, but big questions remain about to be able to rush the passer.

For McCarthy, the issues on security last season weren't about Capers' ability to coach.

"You've got to create right decisions, " McCarthy said. "Results don't always prove to be the answer to the suitable decision. It's no different versus way we view takes on, and this is a new conversation Dom and I have on a regular basis.... To me, it's the team, because you have to become realistic. Every team is different. Some teams have unique strengths and weaknesses and it depends on the season. That's why you need to be realistic about your technique. "

As he did using Crosby, McCarthy believes weathering your storm with Capers allows the Packers to bask from the sunshine he hopes uses. For Packers fans, that storm has been happening much too long to consentrate it'll abruptly end.