ICS for MW0821

123

ICS for MW0821

Who wants it?

Re: ICS for MW0821

RobertoB
When will be released this version?

Re: ICS for MW0821

cjgrosch
I want!
where can i get this version? :p

Re: ICS for MW0821

I have a version for it.  I am currently evaluating it's functionality.  If it doesn't absolutely trash the device, I will make it available very soon.

Obviously I will post updates, but again, this is an eval image....if you're happy with your tablet as it currently is, then don't mess with this....

I'll put it to you this way....the ICS build isn't going on my personal MW0821

Re: ICS for MW0821

Juan
...and MW0812 why not??? :/

Re: ICS for MW0821

Well for openers, the performance seems to drop off considerably when ICS is loaded onto this device but the device is also operating on about half the desired memory.

Re: ICS for MW0821

Ok so after about a day of having ICS 4.0.4 on the MW0821 I have to say the performance of the tablet has settled down and improved.  That said, I still think you will largely be unimpressed with it.

Give me 2 more days and if nothing explodes I'll put it in the ftp repository and the braver of you can try it for yourselves.

Re: ICS for MW0821

Hmmmmm........why not indeed.....ok.  If and when I put it in the repository on Friday, go ahead and give it a run installing it.
If you get it to work you will be my personal hero once and again.

Re: ICS for MW0821

cjgrosch
Very cool!!

I'm waiting!! ;)

Re: ICS for MW0821

Juan
lets download it and try :)

Re: ICS for MW0821

Chanolpr
I'm interest with download and try this version

Re: ICS for MW0821

cjgrosch
Hi James! Have you good news for us?

Re: ICS for MW0821

rximenes
Hey Dude!
I'm a volunteer to test your ICS version... I need to change the Android of my MW0821 to try my frustration...

So, please tell me how can I do it, ok?

Just a question... IF, just in case,we need to...  are we able to restore the original version!?!

Cya

Re: ICS for MW0821

Sorry for the delay.  The build is ready however there are issues with the voice commands feature as well as some other features with the sound driver.  I am awaiting final permission to make it available still.  Tonight, I should have that clearance, Clarence.

Re: ICS for MW0821

Marcelofc
James, how much time remains for the upgrade?
Please!.

Re: ICS for MW0821

rbchpn
Hey James, What happened with the clearance? did you got it?

Re: ICS for MW0821

OK....so some good news/bad news.....

The bad news - ICS for MW0821 won't be available until July
The good news - It's ready to go as soon as I have clearance from management

Re: ICS for MW0821

Fiegmund
cant you just upload the image you have so we can test it too?

ty in advance

Re: ICS for MW0821

Fiegmund
BTW, i am really disappointed with this device, hardware like the rockchip and screen resolution are pretty cool, but:

- The overall performance is pretty laggy,
- Camera is so slow.
- The camera app have the option for flash unavailable.
- Some dead points in the capacitive screen.
- Incoherences like message: "unsecurely unplugged usb" but there's no way to unmount it.
- Putting menu and back on screen buttons dont work well when there is lag and cant push them when notifications appear.
- You haven't solved the swapped cameras issue.
- Default Launcher is awful.
- Didn't choose a comfortable keyboard due the screen size.
- Unlocking the screen still last about 2 seconds

(experienced this on 2.3.1, 2.3.5 old and new relase, brand new flashed and with some or many apps runing)

Many of my nonconformities can be solved my customizing it with 3rd party apps, but the way a device must work is to buy it, to power on and get instantly satisfied with the default apps.

I'm tired of trying to make a custom rom to suit my needs, and to swap the damn cameras by myself, so i'll sell it and not recommend to buy it to my friends.

I hoped ICS would solve some stuff but ill not wait till july.

You have to think what an user feel when he buys an ipad, i dont like apple products but they launch it really finished and ready to use and get satisfied.

Hope this help for future versions, Regards

Re: ICS for MW0821

Fiegmund
This post was updated on .
another issue:

in 2.3.1, when viewing android market apps image's it goes fullscreen and there's no way to press back button (cause status bar hides) i have to press home, then open running apps menu and fast select android market then back button (yes, during the transition you have about 0.3 seconds to press the back button before the status bar hides), sometimes still happens on 2.3.5

i think if i am a bicycle brand i cant sell a bicycle without brakes or without some screws because a could not finish tit at right time, that's what AOC did
123