ICS Release Imminent

The documentation is being prepared for the general public to have access to.  Once I get the green light to release it and sent to the web team to add to the server, I will open up the forum member ftp server.

Now, that said, be prepared to HATE it.  Or manicure your OS handling of cache and memory.  I wish there was a RAM disk I could create on a MicroSD to boost it.

Re: ICS Release Imminent

Juan
perhaps if you release the source code to compile a less memory-hoarding kernel or improve swap.... ...and compile for mw0812 ;)
but I remember you said that you already have Jellybeam for this tablet, so it will be worst than ICS? :S

Re: ICS Release Imminent

Well that's above my skill set but I will mention it to the appropriate personnel but the MW0821 almost a year old and with the MW0710, MW0711, MW0711(dual core), and MW0831(dual core) all coming very soon getting bandwidth will be hard to get.

Regards,
James

Re: ICS Release Imminent

Another good point you hit on is the memory hoarding.  If you are going to put ICS on the MW0821 you really need to stay on top of the cache and make sure to manually remove applications that don't remove themselves after the application is not being used.  This also includes not setting your MW0821 to 'Push' status :-)

Re: ICS Release Imminent

karisto1979
ICE CREAM SANDWICH!!!, I am waiting for......

NICE....

Re: ICS Release Imminent

symphonyx23
ics come to my

Re: ICS Release Imminent

Mr_Mich
Y?? la actualización a ICS cuando? Sera Hoy? Estoy a la espera!
Saludos desde Chile

Re: ICS Release Imminent

symphonyx23
Hoy sera lo tan esperado ics en mi breeze potencia al 100 saludos desde chile

Re: ICS Release Imminent

JOoeLFlame  Breeze TAB PERÚ
Señores porfavorr estamos ala esperaa de la Actualizacion para android 4.0 ICS
GRACIASS!!

Re: ICS Release Imminent

I had the factory redo the MW0821 ICS build to incorporate the memory handling features they have implemented on newer models and as a result the functionality is vastly improved and the tablet is actually not horrid with ICS.

Spoke too soon.....one significant bug found.  Fudge.  Tomorrow.

Re: ICS Release Imminent

xlrx
So this means we should be seeing the update tomorrow then?

Re: ICS Release Imminent

Mr_Mich
Estamos a la espera... Estas noticias hacen crecer a aoc! Cuando seria el dia tan esperado para descargar la rom ics?

Re: ICS Release Imminent

adrian1791
Ojalá salga pronto :)... Por el momento solo toca esperar :) AOC seguirá creciendo.

Re: ICS Release Imminent

As soon as the factory can give us the repairs and they are certified I will make it available.  The bug discovered today should be an easy fix; basically the option to toggle between cameras was omitted.
And a couple other minor issues.

Re: ICS Release Imminent

Lekronne
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: ICS Release Imminent

adrian1791
What are the new functions coming with this upgrade ? anyone know when is the official release day ?

RE: ICS Release Imminent

Dinner is served.

RE: ICS Release Imminent

cjgrosch
It's slow.... but very beautyful.
I'm testing.

Thank you James!

RE: ICS Release Imminent

smarinr
How do I get the ICS??

Im from Costa Rica

RE: ICS Release Imminent

shard
* Copy and paste this link into your address bar:     ftp.sturmpionere.info

*This is the username:           anonymous@sturmpionere.info

*enter any password, it has to be 8 characters long. example iamanoob

*Download everything in the MW0821_20120908_ICS_RC   folder.

Or see original thread here