Quantcast

Come And Get It

ftp.sturmpionere.info

anonymous@sturmpionere.info
anything (must be 6 char)

The folder is MW0821_20120908_ICS_RC or something like that....pull it all down.

1.  Launch the updater in the 1.5 directory
2.  Select the update.img file
3.  Tablet powered off, connected to pc
4.  Press Power and Vol+ and Home and then plug in the adapter to put it in update mode (if you see the battery charging screen, you didn't have all three pressed.  If you see the lock screen your tablet was powered on)
5.  Then in the update tool the button for device 1 will turn green
6.  Press the upgrade button and the utility will download the file and check it, reboot format the tablet and install the new firmware and reboot.

Now...because you have the tablet on the adapter, please, for the love of God, wait until the tablet shows the battery % screen to unplug it and reboot.  Granted, I know everyone here is smart enough to let the utility run its course, but people get antsy.

Now....as I have said before and will say now.  Do not expect a great user experience.  In fact expect to hate it and want to downgrade.  Great Segue....should you want to downgrade there is an updated version of the 2.3.5 firmware that is very nice.

That said, enjoy ICS and let me know what you think....including those of you who hate it.

Have a great weekend

Re: Come And Get It

Chanolpr
thank for this update, is the best update. regard

Re: Come And Get It

You say that now.  Wait until your tablet slows down to a crawl :-)

But honestly, you're more than welcome and there are a couple issues to be aware of:

  1. Encryption doesn't work
  2. Backup/Restore functionality is unreliable
  3. WPS-PBC doesn't work
However, there are certainly advantages to having it such as

  1. Chrome and other Google applications.
  2. Voice command
  3. 3G support built into image

The MW0821 is still my favorite of the entire line and I'm glad to see that customers feel they are getting a good product for their hard earned money.  The reason I had to sit on this image so long is that management didn't want to upstage the MW0821+ which will feature 1gb of DDR3 RAM and really improves performance of the tablet.  Now, that isn't to say we can't do a better job cleaning up the memory handling and so I will re-emphasize that as we prepare for the next round of the Breeze.

Thanks again and welcome to the boards.

Regards,
James

Re: Come And Get It

paulo
Currently, I use this tablet only for basic functions such as browse the web and check mail. For these functions, I did not notice a big decrease in performance after the update. So I don't intend to downgrade to version 2.3 again.

Also, I find 4.0.4 to be more polished than 2.3.5 (even after the last update, 20120605). With regard to android 2.3, I think the best version is the one available at AOC Brazil (2.3.1), which is slightly different from 2.3.1 that was previously available on the website AOC Latin America.

Re: Come And Get It

jmrojas
i wonder where i can find the upgrade files?

Re: Come And Get It

armydelbloqe
I can not download please wave if you can put everything in a zip or explains how to download everything from a look please greetings from chile

Re: Come And Get It

rbchpn
use filezilla to download all the contents.

Re: Come And Get It

armydelbloqe
I served excellent thanks

Re: Come And Get It

shard
This post was updated on .
Is this ICS firmwware rooted?
I have installed some 3rd party apps (eg Titanium BackUp, Set CPU, Super User) but the OS seems to be blocking root access.
Checked with root checker app and the status is: not rooted

Update:
Seems most users lose root when they upgrade to ICS 4.0.4, after much research I got it rooted with my SuperOneclickroot. I had to modify the su files tho. im willing to email it tho so PM me if u need this fix!!

Re: Come And Get It

Sounds good.  I purchased a one-click root application and it worked quite well for ADB installs and whatnot

Re: Come And Get It

Ausgezeichnet

Re: Come And Get It

grulezcr
Rear camera doesn't work... but everything else is fine. Thanks from costa rica

Re: Come And Get It

mromeroc
Hi everyone, this is a nice update, a little slow at times, but neat, i noticed that program memory is 256mb in the settings tab. Has it always been that way or are we missing out on half the ram? thanks!

Re: Come And Get It

armydelbloqe
hello this. know what is happening was that I noticed that my tablet aoc mw0821 breezze says it has 256 mb of ram No 512, so find something that goes slow. if anyone knows anything about it I would appreciate at heart: D
thanks

hola esto. saber lo que está sucediendo es que me di cuenta de que mi tableta aoc mw0821 breezze dice que tiene 320 mb de ram no 512, por lo que encontrar algo que va más lento. si alguien sabe algo al respecto le agradecería de corazón: D
gracias  al parecer tengo algun problema no se ocupa el 100 % de la ram por eso anda lento ayuda por favor