Quantcast

Android 4.1.1 on MW0831

You'll notice that the MW0831 comes with Android 4.1.1 on it already but as you can imagine we will have an updated image available for it very soon (functionality/QA testing now) and there are a lot of new features.

Re: Android 4.1.1 on MW0831

ravs213
Hi I had a problem with my tablet aoc mw0831 and fails android logo when starting try to repair from the recovery but could not i need the firmware on my tablet on the update.img and official page aoc not i need to flash my tablet and reuse where I can download this firmware
please is urgent !!!!!!
where I can download the original firmware aoc tablet mw0831

Re: Android 4.1.1 on MW0831

ManRamD
don´t try to update your tablet I tried to update mine and since then it´s useless, the support of aoc it´s really bad as you can see they said that they where going to fix all the problems but they did not :(

RE: Android 4.1.1 on MW0831

What happened now?

Update firmware MW0831

tunki
Update firmware MW0831

Tablet must be unplugged (usb an power) with high battery charge.  Make a backup of your files and applications.  They will be erased.
In a Windows pc, you must know the architecture and version (Examples Windows XP 32 bits or Windows 7 64bits)

I - Download update files
   a. Go to http://latin.aoc.com/support/downloads
   b. Categoría de producto:  Pc/tablet
   c. Número de modelo: 8" - MW0831
   d. Actualización de firmware ... (download this file)

II - Install driver for upgrade mode conextion
   a. Uncompress downloaded file in (I)
        You will find update.img, this is the upgrade itself.
        ... and folders
         - RockusbDriver (conexion drivers for Window 32/64bits)
         - Update tools... (tools needed for upgrade)
         - Other folders
   b. In Windows, open device manager
   c. Turn off tablet
   d. Connect tablet to pc using usb cable
   e. On tablet, press volume up [+] button and without releasing it press power button. Don't release. Tablet screen should be black. If breeze logo appears then you didn't it wright so go back to (c).
   f. On Windows in device manager under 'Other' you will find Rock..., right click, update driver...
   g. Look for file .sys in folder according to your Windows architecture and version at the uncompressed folder "RockusbDriver".  Install.
   h. Now you can release volumen and power buttons.  Don't disconnect usb cable.

III - Upgrade firmware
   a. On Windows run rkbatchtool.exe in uncompressed file "Update tools".
   b. Select button [...] and look for update.img file in uncompressed file.
   c. Turn on tablet normally (power button only).
   d. On rkbatchtool, under "Connected devices" square 1 should appear in pink indicating normal connection.
   e. Press [Switch] on rkbatchtool to change connection to upgrade mode.  Tablet screen will turn off. Square 1 should be green.
   f. Press [Upgrade] on rkbatchtool.  Square 1 should be yellow. Wait several minutes. DON'T DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE.

Your tablet will reboot automatically and setting wizard will start.  You can disconnect the usb cable.

Buena suerte

Versión en español en
http://aoc-breeze-series-android-tablet-support-forum.2289227.n4.nabble.com/Actualizar-firmware-MW0831-td4641411.html