Android 2.3.5 Update available now

12

Android 2.3.5 Update available now

It will still be a couple days until it is available on the AOC site, so your membership and participation in this forum is being rewarded in the best manner I can.

ftp.sturmpionere.info

user: anonymous@sturmpionere.info
pwd: aoc

The update is dated 5.05.12
Installation procedure is the same as for the 235 upgrade.

Let me know if anyone has download/install issues

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

RobertoB
Issue: Flash problem.

Yesterday after installed this Update, the flash didn't work when taking photos, it just didn't turn on, and apps like "Linterna" or "Linterna - Tiny Flashlight",  which detect and use the flash light as light for night time, none of both detected the flash device.

Today suddenly the flash did work with the camera and I didn't do anything else than normal turning off and on when needed. But unfortunately, the apps mentioned before still don't work.

With version 2.3.1 the flash worked with the camera and with both apps too.

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

The link above has a newer updated 2.3.5 build.  Give that a run and let me know if it resolves your issues.

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

RobertoB
I have already checked and binary compared with the one I used and updated in my tablet, and it's the same image.

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

sbeu
I'm a little confused here. How many 2.3.5 versions is there?
Can you be specific with the different versions? I'm now downloading the update from the ftp server. I had downloaded it a week or two ago. Is it the same version???
Thank you

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

wurlJAM
yep, its the exact same image the camara is still swapped

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

It is most certainly not the same image.  Unfortunately, the camera issue has not been resolved.

I will send another strongly worded email to the factory today to let them know the camera using community frowns on their shenanigans.

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

wurlJAM
I mean its the same image from 2 weeks ago not the first 2.3.5 version I even compared Fw time with the flash tool.and it is the same the market and pinch to zoom have been solved

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

tito109
Ok buddies, i have downloaded it and i have to say:  pinch and zoom troubles have fixed, market apps too :)

but the camera swap trobles remain,  and the flash doesn't works  :((

administrator:  please tell us ,,, when we will have a 100% functionally image?

but thanks you so much for the attention you gave to this forum, I hope soon to solve all problems

Regards, Carlos

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

DiegoF
Hello James! i guess you and the AOC team must be pretty busy with the new model launch, good luck and hope it hit the stores someday in my country! :)

By he way, any news of the new and improved/fixed 2.3.5 update for the mw0821? please don't forget about us lol

Thanks!

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

Hello Diego,

There have been 2 updates.  What is the date on your firmware?

Regards,
James
Desk: 510-770-9988 x 233
Toll Free: 800-343-5777

From: "DiegoF [via AOC Breeze Series Android Tablet Support Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Friday, July 27, 2012 8:16 AM
To: James Poli <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

To unsubscribe from Android 2.3.5 Update available now, click here.
NAML

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

DiegoF
the last one i knew about was the late May update i think. did you posted the 20120604 (June) 2.3.5 update you were working on? is the swapped camera and flash issues corrected? did i miss it??? :(

Please let me know. Thank you!

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

I thought it was posted.  If it wasn't, I will get it posted today.

Thanks.

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

DiegoF
Well the AOC site still has the infamous 20120418 (downloaded today just to check) and the FTP site posted here (where i got the 20120505) seems down...

Hope you can reactivate it and post the lastest firmware, once again thanks for your assistance!

Diego.

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

DiegoF
Sorry to bother you again James, any news about the last 2.3.5 update? did you got it posted?

The ftp stills down and the latin.aoc* site, as for july 30th, still holds the older and buggy 20120418 version...

Thanks!

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

Thanks for the update.  The latest version of the 2.3.5 is being uploaded to the FTP outlet

Server: ftp.sturmpionere.info
user: anonymous
password: qazzaq (anything will work, I just cannot remember if there is a required minimum # of characters in the PW)

Ok…so it looks like the update is in place.  Someone give it a run and let me know if it doesn't work.  I'll have the web team add the updated upgrade to the site.

Regards,
James

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

DiegoF
thanks James! i'm downloading it right now. calls my attention that the upgrade file is about 44MB while the first 2.3.5 update was about 140MB? is just a waaay better compression scheme or something is missing? anyway ill let you know how the upgrading tool and my tablet reacts to it :)

thanks for your kind help

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

DiegoF
Just as i thought, the file is incomplete. 7Zip launches the following error "Unexpected End of File"
can you please verify that?

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

Oops.  It might not be done yet, although it appeared it had finished.

Re: Android 2.3.5 Update available now

Juan
ftp is down :/
12